How often do I need a safety refresher course?
It is recommended that you renew your training every 5 years.
I have a certificate for a counterbalance truck, can I drive other types of handling equipment?
No, the certificate you receive is only valid for that machine – if you wish to use other equipment, you will need further training for that specific machine.
Does my certificate have an expiry date?
No, but it is recommended that you refresh your training after a maximum of 5 years.
I do not hold a car driving licence, can I learn to drive a forklift?
Yes you can, you don’t need to have a driving licence.
Do I need to wear a seatbelt on a forklift truck?
Where a truck is fitted with a seatbelt it must be worn.
Will I need to take a theory test as well as a practical test?
Yes, you will need to complete a theory and practical test.
I want to pay for a course for myself, is this possible?
Yes, we cater to private individuals as well.
I need training to take place at my company’s site, what do I need to provide?
- Full access to the equipment for the duration of the course
- No interruptions whilst training candidates
- Equipment that is in good working order with current certification
- A room for theory training, with a whiteboard etc.
- A dedicated area for practical training, separate from everyday work that is being carried out